After a tremendous support from chess players who had joined the CAS First Quarter Allegro on 24th March, CAS is pleased to announce that our next series aka Second Quarter Allegro will take place on 7th July 2013 @ DAT Chess Connections, 4th floor, Wilayah Complex, KL.
This is a NATIONAL-RATED Event. Effective from March 2013, all applications for events to be National-rated or FIDE-rated must be accompanied by an approval / endorsement letter from their respective State Association - A directive from MCF!
This event will be divided into two categories namely Category 1 for players with National Rating 1400 and above, while Category 2 for players below National Rating 1400. Before 2013, the prize fund for this event was around RM 1,800 for two categories combined. Due to space constrain with the new setup in the playing hall, we only accept the first 100 entries.
How is this year edition going to be different from previous years?
1. CAS has decided to raise the prize fund to RM 3,000/=.
2. In addition, CAS has decided to offer equal prize fund for both categories. Over the years, CAS receives strong support from players in Category 2, so we felt that it is time that we should be rewarding players in this group.
3. CAS is going to introduce special prizes for Selangor Players.
4. CAS offers more cash prize for lower positions to encourage more participation.
5. The event is going to be played over 7 rounds as opposed to 6 rounds previously.
We hope that with the improvise structure, we will continue to get strong support platform from the chess community to drive our events to new heights.
To get a copy of entry form, please click here. For those who are interested to sign-up for the championship, please send an email to email@example.com. Pre-registration closing date is 3rd July 2013.